Community Service Fair in Downtown Anchorage
Discussion to Redevelop and Revitalize the Anchorage Community
Anchorage, AK – January 17, 2018
The Anchorage Community Development Authority (ACDA) is sponsoring a “Community Service Fair” at the downtown Transit Center on January 18, 2018 from 12:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m. A variety of non-profit community and national programs will be available to assist the public as well as offer information about volunteering with these agencies.
With the anticipated closure of the Transit Center for re-development, ACDA engaged with the local community service providers during 2016. Through these discussions, one of the tasks that were recommended by service providers was to host a service fair at the Transit Center.
“The Community Service Fair is an important opportunity to help connect residents in need with a wide range of services at one location,” said ACDA Executive Director, Andrew Halcro. “ACDA is committed to creating pathways to services.”
Agencies that are participating with the following services:
· Beans Cafe – Workforce Development and Service Information
· Alaska Youth Advocates – Power Teen Center & Outreach
· Catholic Social Services – Homeless Family Services, Pregnancy and Adoption Support Services, Information about: St. Francis House Food Pantry, Family Disability Services, Clare House & Brother Francis Shelter
· Food Bank of Alaska – SNAP Outreach Assistance and SNAP Works Alaska
· Anchorage People Mover – AnchorRIDES and People Mover Assistance
· Alaska Housing Finance Corporation - Housing Assistance
· Downtown Soup Kitchen Hope Center – Culinary & Bakery Training Program
· First United Methodist Church - Anchorage – Facility Use, Community Outreach, Worship Services
· HOPE Community Resources – Supported Living & Employment for those who experience disabilities, Mental Health Services
· Covenant House Alaska – Youth Engagement Center, Emergency Shelter, Transitional Living, Education & Employment, Counseling, Medical Clinic
· Southcentral Foundation – Medicare, SNAP, Tribal Health Insurance Program
· EasyPark – Downtown Employee Parking Discount Program
· Nine Star Education & Employment Services – Youth Employment, Adult Education, GED, High School Completion
· Municipal Clerk's Office – Vote by Mail Election Education
· NeighborWorks Alaska – Affordable Housing Assistance, Home Ownership, Community Development
. RurAL CAP - Supportive Housing Division, Child Development Center, Americorps
This event is free to the public to attend and EasyPark garage parking (6th & H parking garage is recommended) will be validated at the event.
Anchorage Community Development Authority
Founded in 1984, the Anchorage Community Development Authority (ACDA) is a public corporate authority for the Municipality of Anchorage. ACDA’s mission is to facilitate development and public parking for a vibrant community.